Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day-Introduction,History,Inspirational Quote,Messages,Sms,Greetings,Pictures & Animations



Introduction

Father's Day is a day honoring fathers and celebrating fatherhood, paternal bonds, and the influence of fathers in society. It is celebrated on the third Sunday of June in 55 of the world's countries and on other days elsewhere.
The idea for creating a day for children is to honor their fathers.


History

History of Father's Day Festival as seen today is not even a hundred years old. Thanks to the hard work and struggle of Ms Sonora Louise Smart Dodd of Washington
The first observance of Father's Day is believed to have been held on June 13, 1910 through the efforts of Sonora Smart Dodd of Spokane, Washington. After listening to a church sermon at Spokane's Central Methodist Episcopal Church in 1909 about the newly recognized Mother's Day, Dodd felt strongly that fatherhood needed recognition, as well.[1] She wanted a celebration that honored fathers like her own father, William Smart, a Civil War veteran who was left to raise his family alone when his wife died giving birth to their sixth child.[2]
Dodd was the first to solicit the idea of having an official Father's Day observance to honor all fathers. Enlisting help from the Spokane Ministerial Association in 1909, she arranged for the celebration of fatherhood in Spokane. On June 19, 1910, young members of the YMCA went to church wearing roses: a red rose to honor a living father, and a white rose to honor a deceased one.

Father's Day Inspirational Quotes


  • "Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers - and fathering is a very important stage in their development." -- David M. Gottesman

  • "One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters."-- George Herbert

  • "My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." -- ClarenceBudington Kelland

  • "When I was a kid, I said to my father one afternoon, 'Daddy, will you take me to the zoo?' He answered, 'If the zoo wants you, let them come and get you." -- Jerry Lewis

  • "I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be." -- Abraham Lincoln

  • "My father taught me to work; he did not teach me to love it."-- Abraham Lincoln

  • "The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother."

  • "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me".-Jim Valvano

  • "Fathers, like mothers, are not born. Men grow into fathers and fathering is a very important stage in their development".-David Gottesman

"4 years: My Daddy can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.
8 years: My father does not know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.
14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man-he is out of date!
25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.
-Unknown"

"What Makes A Dad
God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad"


"Dad, your guiding
hand on my shoulder
will remain with me forever.
Happy Father’s Day"


"It is easier for a father
to have children than
for children to have a real father.
I’m glad to have u dad, HAPPY FATHERS DAY"

"Thanks for being
there through the
tears,laughter and
dirty diapers.
Happy Father’s Day!"


"Some
things
are
just
better
the
way
they
are
like
you!
Happy Fathers’Day!"

Greetings







Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails